Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Ninth Scroll: I Will Act Now

My dreams are worthless, my plans are dust, and my goals are impossible. All are of no value unless followed by action.
I will act now.
My procrastination which has held me back was born of fear. Now I know that to conquer fear, I must always act without hesitation and the flutters in my heart will vanish.
I will act now.
I will not avoid the tasks of today and charge them to tomorrow for I know that tomorrow never comes. Let me act now for it is better to act and fail than not to act and flounder.
I will act now. I will act now. I will act now.
Henceforth,I will repeat these words again, and again, and again, each hour, each day, every day, until the words become as much a habit as my breathing and the actions which follow become instinctive. With these words, I can condition my mind to perform every act necessary for my success. With these words, I can condition my mind to meet every challenge which the failure avoids.
I will act now.
When I awake, I will say them and leap from my cot while the failure sleeps yet another hour.
I will act now.
When I enter the marketplace, I will say them and immediately confront my first prospect, while the failure ponders on his possibility of rebuff.
I will act now.
When I faced a closed door, I will say them, and knock while the failure waits outside, trembling with fear.
I will act now.
When I am tempted to quit and begin again tomorrow, I will say them, and immediately act to connsummate another sale.
Only action determines my value in the marketplace and to multiply my value, I will multiply my actions. I will walk where the failure fears to walk and work when the failure rests. I will call on ten who can buy my goods while the failure makes plans to call on one.
I will act now.
For now is all I have.
I hunger for success. I thirst for happiness and peace of mind. Lest I act, I will perish in a life of failure, misery and sleepless nights.
Success will not wait. If I delay, she will become bethrothed to another and lost to me forever.
This is the time. This is the place. I am the man.
I will act now.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! This one is my favorite, along with Scroll 2 "I will greet this day with love in my heart." Thank you!

    ReplyDelete