Friday, November 27, 2009

The Eighth Scroll: Today I will Multiply my Value a Hundredfold

Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
A field of clay touched with the genius of man becomes a castle.
A cypress tree becomes a shrine.
A cut of sheep's hair touched with the genius of man becomes raiment of a king.
If it is possible for clay and wood and hair, to have their value multiplied a hundred, yea, a thousandfold by man, cannot I do the same?
Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
I am liken to a grain of wheat which faces one of three futures. The wheat can be fed to swine or ground to flour and made into bread. Or it can be placed in the earth and allowed to grow until it divides and produces a thousand grains.
I am liken to a grain of wheat with one difference.
The wheat cannot choose what happens to it. I have a choice and I will not let my life be fed to swine. Nor will I let it be ground under the rocks of failure and despair to be devoured by the will of others.
Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold. Like the wheat grain, which will sprout and blossom only if it is nurtured with rain and sun and warm winds, I too must nurture my body and mind to fulfill my dreams. But to grow to full stature, the wheat must wait on the whims of nature. I need not wait for I have the power to choose my own destiny.
Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
And how will I accomplish this? First, I will set goals for the day, the week, the month, the year and my life. Just as the rain must fall before the wheat will sprout, so must I have objectives before my life will crystallize. In setting my goals, I will consider my best performance of the past and multiply it a hundredfold. Never will I be of concern that my goals are too high.
Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
And just as the sun must warm the earth to bring forth the seeding of wheat, so, too, will the words on these scrolls warm my life and trun my dreams into reality.
Today I will surpass every action which I performed yesterday. Tomorrow, I will climb higher than today. To surpass the deeds of others is unimportant. To surpass my own deeds is all.
Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
I will never be content with my performance in the marketplace.
I will raise my goals as soon as they are attained.
I will always strive to make the next hour better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment