Sunday, November 15, 2009

Og Mandino's First Scroll To Become the Greatest Salesman in the World

Og Mandino is one of my favorite authors. His inspiring messages to uplift a person and touch the very core of human existence with the belief in divine intervention has been noted in all his works. Some successful businessmen has adopted his book entitled, The Greatest Salesman in the World, as a creed of every salesman. Hence, in the next series of blogs, I will be quoting his ten scrolls from that best selling book. Needless to say, I mastered each of them by heart and followed his advice to read one scroll for thirty days before proceeding to the next scroll.

SCROLL I: TODAY I BEGIN A NEW LIFE.

Today I begin a new life.
Today I shed my old skin that have far too long suffered the bruises of failure and of mediocrity. Failure will no longer be my payment for struggle.
Failure is alien to my life. In the past, I've accepted it. Now, I reject it and I'm prepared for wisdom and principles which will guide me to the sunlight of wealth, position and happiness beyond my dreams.
The words these scrolls will teach me are more to prevent failure than to gain success. Failure is man's inability to reach his goals in life. The only difference between those who have failed and those who have succeeded lies in the difference of their habits.
Good habits are the key to all success. Bad habits are the unlocked door to failure. Thus, the first law I will obey which is, I will form good habits and become their slaves.
I am slave to my habits. I have surrendered my free will to the years of accumulated habits and the past deeds of my life have already marked out a path which imprisons my future. Habit rules my actions. If I must be a slave, let me be a slave to good habits.
And how will I accomplich this difficult feat?
Through these scrolls it will be done. For each scroll contains a principle which will drive the bad habit from my life and replace it with one which will bring me closer to success. Thus, I must discipline myself with the first of my new habits.
I will read each scroll for thirty days in this prescribed manner before I proceed to the next scroll.
First, I will read the words in silence when I arise. Next, I will read the words again in silence after my midday meal. Last, I will read the words again just before I retire. But more important, in this occasion, I will read the words aloud.
On the next day, I will repeat this procedure. I will continue in like manner for thirty days. Then, I will turn to the next scroll and repeat this procedure for another thirty days. I will continue in this manner until my reading becomes habit.
This is the hidden secret of all men's success.
As I repeat the words daily, they will soon become a part of my active mind. But more important, they will seep into my other mind, that mysterious source which never sleeps, which creates my dreams and often makes me act in ways I do not comprehend.
As the words in these scrolls are consumed by my mysterious mind, I will begin to awake each morning with a vitality I've never known before. My vigor will increase. My enthusiasm will rise. And I will be happier than I've ever believed possible.
Eventually, I will find myself reacting to all situations which confront me as commanded in these scrolls to react. And soon, these actions will become easy to perform.
Today, I begin a new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment