Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Sixth Scroll: Today I will be Master of my Emotions

Today I will be master of my emotions.
The tides advance, the tides recede. Flowers bloom, flowers fade. All nature is a circle of moods and I am a part of nature. And so, like the tides, my moods will rise. My moods will fall.
Today I will be master of my emotions.
It is one of nature's tricks, little understood, that each day I awaken with moods that have changed from yesterday.
Today I will be master of my emotions.
I will learn this secret of the ages. Weak is he who permits his thoughts to control his action. Strong is he who forces his actions to control his thoughts.
Each day, when I awaken, I will follow this plan of battle...
If I feel depressed, I will sing.
If I feel sad, I will laugh.
If I feel ill, I will double my labor.
If I fell fear, I will plunge ahead.
If I feel inferior, I will wear new garments.
If I feel uncertain, I will raise my voice.
If I feel poverty, I will think of wealth to come.
If I feel incompetent, I will remember past success.
Today, I will be master of my emotions.
With this new knowledge, I will also understand and recognize the moods of he on whom I call. I will make allowances for his anger and irritation of today for he knows not the secret of controlling his mind. I can withstand his insults. For now I know that tomorrow he will change and be a joy to approach.
No longer will I judge a man on one meeting; no longer will I fail to call again tomorrow on he who meets me with hate today.
From this moment, I am prepared to control whatever personality awakes in me each day. I will master my moods with positive action. and when I master my moods, I will control my destiny.
Today, I control my destiny and my destiny is to become the greatest salesman in the world!
I will become master of myself.
I will become great.

No comments:

Post a Comment