Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Seventh Scroll: I will Laugh at the World

I will laugh at the world.
I will smile and my digestion will improve; I will laugh and my life will be lengthened for this is the great secret of long life and now it is mine.
I will laugh at the world.
And most of all, I will laugh at myself for man is most comical when he takes himself too seriously. Never will I fall into this trap of the mind.
And how can I laugh when confronted with man or deed that offends me so as to bring forth my tears or my curses? Four words I will train myself to say. This too shall pass.
I will laugh at the world.
For all worldly things shall indeed pass.
I will laugh at the world.
I will paint this day with laughter. Never will I labor to be happy; rather I will remain too busy to be sad. I will enjoy today's happiness today. It cannot be saved.
I will laugh at the world.
And with my laughter, all things will be reduced to their proper size. I will laugh at my failures and they will vanish in clouds of new dreams. I will laugh at my successes and they will shrink to their true value.
I will laugh at the world.
And as long as I can laugh, never will I be poor. This, then is one of nature's greatest gifts and I will waste it no more. Only with laughter and happiness can I truly become a success. Only with laughter and happiness can I enjoy the fruits of my labor.
I will be happy.
I will be successful.
I will become the greates salesman the world has ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment