Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Third Scroll: I Will Persist Until I Succeed

I will persist until I succeed.
I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor thus failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to walk, talk and sleep with sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed.
The prices of life are at the end of each journey and not the beginning. It is not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal. Failure I may still encounter at the thousandth step yet success hides behind the next bend. I will not know how close it lies until I turn the corner.
Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail, I will take another and yet another.
I will persist until I succeed.
I will never consider defeat and I will remove from my vocabulary such words and phrases as quit, cannot, impossible, failure and hopeless for they are the words of fools. I will ignore the obstacles at my feet and keep mine eyes on the goals above my head.
I will persist until I succeed.
I will remember the ancient law of averages knowing that each failure to sell will increase my chance for success at the next attempt.
Hence, I will learn and apply another secret of those who excel in my work. When each day is ended, I will make another attempt to achieve one more sale. When my thoughts beacon my tired body homeward, I will resist the temptation to depart. I will try again. I will make another attempt to close and if that fails, I will make another. Never will I allow any day to end with a failure. Thus, I will gain an insurmountable advantage over those who cease their labor at a prescribed time.
I will persist until I succeed.
Nor will I allow yesterday's success to lull me in today's complacency. I will forget the happenings of the day that is gone and greet this new sun with a confidence that this will be the best day of my life.
For now I know one of the greatest principle of success. If I persist long enough, I will win.
I will persist. I will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment