Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Second Scroll of Og Mandino's The Greatest Salesman in the World

SCROLL II: I WILL GREET THIS DAY WITH LOVE IN MY HEART.

I will greet this day with love in my heart.
For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures. Only the power of love can open the hearts of men. Until I master this, I will remain no better than a peddler in a market place.
I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I do it?
Henceforth, will I look on all things with love. I will love the sun for it warms my bones, yet, I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars. I will welcome happiness for it opens my soul. I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due, yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.
I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I speak?
I will encourage my friends and they will become brothers. Always will I look for reasons to applaud. Never will I scratch for excuses to gossip. When I am tempted to criticize, I will bite my tongue. When I'm moved to praise, I will shout from the roofs.
I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I act?
I will love all manners of men for each has qualities to be admired eventhough they be hidden. I will love the ambitious for they can inspire me. I will love the failures for they can teach me. I will love the meek for they are divine. I will love the rich for they are yet lonely. I will love the poor for they are so many. I will love the young for the faith they old. I will love the old for the wisdom they share.
I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I react to the actions of others? With love.
For just as love is my weapon to open the hearts of men, love is my shield to repulse the arrows of hate.
I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I confront each of whom I meet?
In silence but to myself I will tell him, I love you. These words will shine in my eyes, bring a smile to my lips and echo in my voice and his heart will be opened. nd who is there who will say nay to my goods when his heart feels my love.
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
And most of all, I will love myself. I will cherish my body with cleanliness and moderation. I will uplift it with knowledge and wisdom of the ages.
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
Henceforth, will I love all mankind. From this moment, I have only time to love. With love, I will increase my sales a hundredfold and become a great salesman.
I will greet this day with love in my heart and I will succeed.

1 comment:

  1. You left out one of the best sentences, why did you do this?

    **Is it not so that birds, the wind, the sea and all nature speaks with the music of praise
    for their creator? Cannot I speak with the same music to his children? Henceforth
    will I remember this secret and it will change my life.**

    ReplyDelete